3. I've ALWAYS been interested in art.. My grandparents (in their 90's) still have pictures that I drew for them as a child. For Christmas as a child, I always got art supplies as gifts. I began scrapbooking when I was 6 months pregnant with my only child, who is now 7.5 yrs old. Since then, I've also added some card making, altered art, and photography.
4. My favorite thing about creating art is that it is a stress reliever. It's fun. And it has given me a way to meet so many other wonderful women that have become wonderful friends.
5. I have my own scraproom, and I have to force myself to come out of it! I sold my guest room furniture right after Christmas 2005, painted the room a warm golden hue, and haven't looked back!! If I could add a big futon and a bathroom, I wouldn't need to ever come out!!
6. All my friends are basically scrap booking buddies, so of course, they all support me. My dh is also supportive, although I'm not sure he totally understands my passion! My mother and 2 SIL's on my side of the family do a bit of scrapping too, so I know they "get it", and although my dh's side of the family doesn't have any scrappers in it, I think they are able to appreciate the time and love I put into it.
7. My very favorite item that I have ever created is the HUGE 20x24 canvas print of a photograph of my dd that I photoshopped into a fairy. It hangs proudly over her bed in her room. I'm pretty sure that's one of my favorite things. It always gets a lot of attention when people see it. It makes me pretty proud.
8. I do most of my creating during the weekdays, when the house is quiet and empty. I try to spend the evenings with my dd and dh.
9. I can't imagine myself EVER not scrapping, or doing photography. Ever. I believe it's a part of me. Art is part of my genetic makeup.
10. I think I already mentioned most of these above, but I am very big into photography. I also enjoy doing some altered items, card making and knitting. I'm still learning the knitting thing though!
11. No upcoming events..
12. I keep my motivation by keeping my camera with me at all times. As long as I'm taking pictures, I will need to keep scrapping them. Spending a lot of time online surfing scrapbook sites, and looking at other art sites also helps to keep my mojo alive!
13. Most of my motivation is gotten from either online or from magazines. I spend more time looking sometimes than actually creating!
14. I don't really have a favorite artist. I get inspiration from so many people..
15. My all time favorite blog is http://boomama.net/ , followed closely by http://thepioneerwoman.com/ . I know that these aren't really "artist" blogs, but they both keep me in stitches.. are hilarious, and they are both GREAT writers. I seldom miss a day without stalking those 2 blogs.
16. I've been scrapping for about 7 years now. My SIL gave me a CM baby scrapbook at my baby shower. I'd never heard of scrapbooking and my first thought was that there was NO WAY I was going to cut up my pictures into shapes!! I was invited to my first crop, which was hosted by CM, and all I could think of was "OMG -- these ladies REALLY need to get a life!" Very soon after, I got the bug, and since then I have lived by the old adage "she who dies with the most paper wins". lol. I love my hobbies. They give me REAL joy.
3.How and when did you start making art? In high school I made the scrapbook for our COE class, it won 3rd place in competition, I got "serious" in scrapbooking after losing my son. I wanted to preserve his pictures and our memories and for him to always be remembered.
4.What do you love about making art? The creative escape
5.Do you have an area dedicated to your craft? Yes, it's taken over my basement!
6.How do your family and friend react to your craft? Very supportive, my kids and husband love it!
7.Do you have a favorite item that you created? I love mini books and I'm always making new ones, right now my favorite is my "Who are you" mini about me as a child to adult – It's part of my work for February's Work in Progress kits (www.workinprogresskits.com)
8.When do you usually create? Mostly at night and weekends, but some days I play hooky from work and have a day home with my mom and sister.
9.Do you ever see yourself NOT creating? No, I can't imagine not doing some type of craft?
10.What other crafts/hobbies do you have/do? I've done a lot of paper crafts and used to always make favors for my kids classes, but now my 13 year old doesn't want to take treats from mom to school J so I make them for girlfriends
11.How do you stay motivated? I love being a part of the Work in Progress design team and getting kits from them and other kit clubs
12.Where do you your motivation/inspiration? There is so much inspiration on the web, I love searching blogs and galleries and I subscribe to several of the magazines.
13.Do you personally have a favorite artist? I have many that I love to check out daily on my blog and in my favorites